Who we are and what we do
The Alternative Board supports business owners to take their business to the next level through peer advisory boards made up of experienced local business owners, expert 1-2-1 coaching, and our suite of exclusive business tools.
But how do we differ from a traditional business coach or consultant? They may concentrate on improving your sales, sorting out your HR or helping you with your finances but that’s where it often ends. At TAB, we’ll look at these too of course, but we’ll start with you – the business owner – as a person.
Our coaching and mentoring sessions are designed to give you the time and space you need to gain more clarity and focus on your business. With the additional support of the TAB Business Builder’s Toolkit you will have everything you need to exceed your goals and set new ones.
The owner-to-owner peer advisory board meeting is the foundation of TAB, where you get expert and actionable advice that is specific to the challenges you are facing from the experienced business owners in the group. Every business owner gets a time slot to discuss their issue or challenge every month while an expert facilitator chairs the meeting and keeps records of the actions you have committed to make. Magic happens here and it had to be experienced to be understood, how quickly solutions can be found to your business problems through the power of the group.
As part of your TAB membership, each month you have a one-on-one meeting with your expert business coach and facilitator to help you laser-focus on the you goals and issues. In this meeting, we follow up on the actions you committed to in the last TAB board meeting and prepare you for the next meeting. Your coach will help you every step of the way to decide on the best course of action to take based on your current issues. and challenges.
Business Builder’s Blueprint
TAB’s Business Builder’s Blueprint™ is simply the most effective on-line strategic business management platform for small business owners.
TAB’s Business Builder’s Blueprint™, available exclusively to TAB Members, was built specifically for privately owned businesses and incorporates practices we’ve learned from the most successful companies. Providing a practical approach to creating and implementing a strategic plan, it will you prioritize and focus on the activities will have the greatest impact.
Key Modules Included in TAB’s Business Builder’s Blueprint™
- Behavioral & Motivators Assessment – Discover how your behaviors lead to your company’s successes and challenges
- Business Diagnostic – How does my business measure up?
- Personal Vision – A tool designed to help you fashion your personal vision – why did you get into business?
- Company Vision – A tool designed to help you create a vision for your company to share with your employees and customers
- Strategic Advantage – Define and/or develop a strategic advantage to propel the next phase of your growth
- SWOT Analysis – Assess your Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats
- Values & Culture – A drag and drop tool that allows you to pick words and phrases that best define your company culture (or what you want to grow it in to)
- Accountability Chart – More than an Organizational Chart, this on line visual tool helps you define the responsibilities and accountabilities for you and your team.
- Strategic Plan – Create and refine your strategic plan
- Financial Management – Keep track of basic financials for easy review
- Key Performance Indicators – Your KPIs can be defined and tracked with this tool
- Champagne Moments – Define that big goal for you and your team
The Alternative Board of Northern New Jersey has partnered with TTI Performance Systems, Ltd. the world’s leading source for research-based, validated assessment and coaching tools. We are a licensed, certified provider of a powerful battery of TTI assessments including DISC, PIAV, Job Fit and other targeted solutions. We primarily use the DISC assessment to help you understand yourself in the role of the business owner. We also perform DISC assessments on your key staff and even family members to aid in understanding each other’s differences…and building upon them to create a successful and functional team.
There are no upcoming events at this time